Philadelphia International Cycling Championship Back on the Road...still not over the top yet!
- Categorized in: 2009. Phila. Int'l Championship . 25th anniversary
After several weeks of uncertainty, organizers of the TD Bank Philadelphia International Cycling Championship announced today that the annual race will be held as scheduled on Sunday, June 7.
“We are pleased to report that today we secured enough new sponsorship funding to feel we should proceed with the race plans although we are still short of the final budget. We will announce the event’s new partners next week” said Dave Chauner, president of Pro Cycling Tour and co-founder of the Philadelphia race 25 years ago. Chauner added that strong response to PCT’s Embrace the Race Campaign and high initial sales of VIP tickets were significant factors in helping to close the $500,000 funding gap the event faced early last week. "We are close, but we need the help of fans and sponsors to bring us over the top."
“The new sponsors are providing enough to ensure we cover the City’s cost requirements, prize money and other budget items critical to running the race”, said Jerry Casale, Chief Operating Officer of Pro Cycling Tour and also a race founder. “But we still need to sell more tickets and merchandise to break even”, he added.
To support the race via VIP ticket purchases and donations to the Embrace the Race campaign, go to www.procyclingtour.com.
Tickets may be purchased by clicking here.
Posters and stickers are available here.
Donations may be made here
- WANT TO RIDE UP THE MANAYUNK WALL?
- 2010 PRO MEN TEAMS ANNOUNCED FOR TD BANK INTL CYCLING CHAMPIONSHIP
- Philadelphia International Cycling Championship Back on the Road...still not over the top yet!
- CSC’s Breschel scores dramatic sprint win
- CITY GEARS UP FOR COMMERCE BANK PHILADELPHIA INTERNATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP
- INDOOR CYCLING TRACK BEING PLANNED FOR CHESTER COUNTY
- COURSE PREVIEW: COMMERCE BANK LEHIGH VALLEY CLASSIC